Sunday, June 5, 2011

Changing World

                                   Miss those days when I would be fighting with my brother for the smallest toys. Miss those days when we are supposed to share everything in the house, miss those days when biscuits came in big tins, miss the yellow cloth bag. Miss the beautiful cold morning, miss the old cycles that are the only transport, miss the tasty briyanies made by mom,  miss the time when a landline is a blessing and every call is a surprise, miss all the free time that I had when I was young, miss the empty streets of Sunday, miss the days when all that neighboring countries had was rusting guns, miss the pollution free air in the city, miss the sophisticated scooters, miss the excitement of having the only channel releasing the new movies, miss the days when 10rs is all a school kid used to get, miss all the simplicity of life.
courtesy: BBC.co.uk
                                           I loved the days when lack of money kept families together. Loved those days when new clothes once a year are the cheers of families, loved those days when the crows are kept at bay by the lonely guard, guarding the sun dried grains, loved those days when all I had to have is, what the guy next door had to feel like a king. Loved those days when schools where on leave for the smallest drizzle. How can I forget all those days, when a kid felt, he had everything in life with just a torn shorts and an ice cream in one hand.  I am really happy that, I saw it all and sad the coming generation won’t see it. But, is it not the amazing thing about change, it never stops.  

4 comments:

Sahana Rao said...

Good post. Good content. Needs a picture. And divide the post into paragraphs.

RamesH said...

Hmm, true. Some pictures would have helped. Thanks for the feed back i really need them to improve.

Anonymous said...

I felt nostalgic man. Replace 'brother' with 'sister' in your post. And that's me..

Miss those times when holidays are actually spent as holidays..

RamesH said...

So much as changed, hoping its for the better.