Thursday, August 4, 2011

A REVELATION ABOUT EXPECTATION



It was like any other day, sitting alone listening to soothing music wondering about the past and figuring out the future and while doing nothing and staring at my computer, to start a new blog, I had a revelation about a simple concept called “expectation”.
I was trying to advertise my blog for some time and tried very hard to find an Ad that will pay. When I found one and posted it on my blog I expected a lot of results. But, I did not get any. I was disappointed and stopped working on my blog. My blog’s ranking went down and I was losing interest on the thing I loved the most, writing a blog. It took some time for me to start again and to sit and wonder on this day.
 Expectation is a small word. But it has so much meaning and effect. Expectation leads to the need for results. It leads to working for what we think is the level needed to find the results and when we start working for that imaginary hard work level we lose a lot. We lose hope, we lose confidence, and we lose belief. Expectation is worst even in relationship. Loving with expectation only results in loss of interest on the person whom we love, That is when they don’t live up to our expectation. It was the strangest thing that I understood. No expectation means no boundaries and no limits to what you can do; the beauty of not expecting is that no matter what the result there will be no regret.
We will be feeling good for simply doing the things that we love and we will work more for it. I was stupid enough to not see how happy I was just having a blog and started feeling sad for unable to advertise it. It was a wonder day today learnt something, hoping to maintain it. 

No comments: