Friday, December 30, 2011

“Rocky” the side kick and me to the rescue



After completing my engineering in the year of 2008 the year of the recession, I found myself jobless longer than I should have been, leaving me with plenty of free time to hang around with friends longer than I used to and to do the things that I loved to. On one such visit to my friend’s house I came across two new puppies in the neighbor’s house, the neighbor’s are very friendly and became my friend’s in no time. So I got the opportunity to go and play with these puppies, they are two new cute little “great Danes”(little in comparison with its parents) tied up near to the gates of the house such that they stay inside when closed. They were friendly and play full and their names were “Ram” and “Laxman”. Ram was the friendlier one and I spent more time with him. On that while leaving my friends house I spent some time with the dogs, before moving on to my friend’s house gate to talk to him little more to say the final farewell for the day. 
The side kick
But, wait before I could go on about me I have to introduce the side kick of this story. It’s another loyal street   dog that was adopted by the same neighbors. He is a street dog who is tamed and protected from the furry of street life. Brave enough to bark against the running dog and clever enough to run against the chasing dog. He is named “rocky” and is the guardian of the street near tank road, never leaving the footsteps of the house.  
The fight 
It was like any other day, I was talking to my friend outside his house the same story of how funny the new TV serials where, which movie to go next week and about what not. The gate to the neighbors door was open and the dogs tied to the gate where also exposed to the street.  The street is usually dull and the neighborhood is mostly calm. The usual day was coming to a close with me ready to leave and my friend ready to go back in his house. A sudden shriek followed by the fiery barking of the “Rocky” shattered the silence. Everyone in the street turned to a horrific seen of one of the puppy being grabed by a rabies affected dog with only the chains saving the puppy becoming prey. The dog looked ferocious and lean and long, seemed like it was straight from a horror movie and it was not even minding the fierce barking of “Rocky”. I had to do something told my inner voice, the suddenness of the situation made me clueless, immediately I started searching for a rock and found one and I threw it at the dog, but it was in vain the dog’s clutch over the neck of the puppy “Ram” was too strong and its will too hard to be distracted by a small stone. I had to do something the puppy was being chocked and without any more thought or logic I went and kicked the dog hard enough for it to let free the puppy in pain and land in middle of the road, “Rocky” the side kick took over then and came in between the puppy and the villainous dog and continued its barking, it did not run it stayed and showed its brave side. Annoyed by the situation and the continuous barking of “Rocky”, the aggressive dog tried to attack “Rocky” and I for sudden discovering my football skills stepped in with a loud shout. Two against one even the disease stricken dog knew its chances and it coolly moved on like nothing happened. With the adrenaline still pumping in me and still surprised to know I kick that dog off, I almost jumped with joy celebrating my victory and I never loved “Rocky” more than that day we were a team and we both stood for the same cause, for a minute. More I saw completely unknown animal and human joining together for a single cause. But, all the efforts still failed the puppy “Ram” died later of rabies the villain of this story still succeeded and the days where no longer the same for sometime after then when I stood at my friends place. 


I share this story for the KFC -Sets You On Fire contest on Indi Blogger

2 comments:

P!yu said...

its beautiful. I voted too :) nice to be here,

kindly visit this blog,
http://digitdeeper-raaj.blogspot.com/

a new blogger, kindly help in building morale.. tc keep writing

RamesH said...

Thanks for encouraging my deserted blog :). I will surely visit the blog.