Saturday, January 14, 2012

Best way to buy a Phone.


Till recently buying a phone was no different than any other devices, it’s simply to talk and message. But, it’s fast becoming a battle of desire and wits. (Damn the guy’s who created those awesome smart phones and its apps). I usually always debated in favor of using a phone for the purpose of talking and then stay clear of it after, for me it made sense to have separate devices for all purpose if one is lost you at least have the rest to cheer about. But, with a smart phone it’s like losing your computer, your phone, a camera and worse than all this is the contacts. It’s almost like losing a body part; I can't imagine a day without it. But still all that scare of loosing brains cells is too scary. I don’t want to be dumber than I am, so decided to keep it less with me, by buying a less complicated phone and search began.  
My recent search for a phone led me to discovering a buying strategy that helped me to get one at a good rate. The following points helped me to buy a phone in Chennai, hope the situation is helpful for you too.
But, I did do a search to get a phone and the things I got to know is
1)    Decide the model before going to the dealer.
2)    Always go to the nearest exclusive stores Sony show room or Nokia original dealers.
3)    get the price of the phone through online purchase sites so that you do know that you’re not cheated.
Decide the phone model.
Before going for my first phone purchase I made sure that I know which to purchase first I used the help of online stores to know the rates of the devices, before going to the original shop. Online stores like flipkart are really helpful, I was able to argue with the on store dealer and he immediately reduced 200 Rs. But, even being informed will ot help if we are not sure of the model.
Always go to the nearest exclusive mobile brand retailers
Till recently I never knew how cheap its to buy with the dealers of a brand rather than from intermediary shops. The difference was huge almost 700 Rs, for just one model other I didn’t enquire and during new years and other festivals, they reduce their prices for real. But, still this is my own experience it may change from region to region and its better to check.
Get the price of the phone through online purchase sites so that you do know that you’re not cheated.
There is a small problem to this the prices are not always cheap in online stores some time the dealers of the devices are cheaper, which I found out only recently while buying a camera. The web pages only help knowing the idea of the price of the product and its not always the exact rate. But, the difference is never significant. 

No comments: